Re: Crocodile or Cummings

Since you asked, I'll lend an opinion........A journey to Crocodile can't really be called a 'trip'. For the most part, it's a desination lake:It's hard to go anywhere else from there. The problem with a destination lake like Crocodile is that, if all the campsites are filled, you have no options other than to leave or camp illegally. Although my McKenzie map shows four campsites, I think one of them has been abandoned leaving only three. The portage from E.Bearskin is only 120 rods or so, but Crocodile is 100 feet higher in elevation than E Bearskin, and that 100 feet is all in the first third of the portage. It's nearly straight up! I used to like to take a quick weekend trip to Crocodile once in awhile, but the last couple of times I found it very crowded. There seems to be a lot of daytrip pressure on the lake. It was nothing to see a dozen daytripping canoes on the lake! There are better places to go to have a "BW experience" Each to his own......Have a good time planning your trip............Tim H

Posted by Tim H on September 29, 1999 at 20:35

In reply to: Crocodile or Cummings posted by Hug on September 28, 1999 at 21:01
Responses to this Post:
Go to Forum Home