Re: Rockhead

DaveD:

You call that "getting whacked"? ...a slap on the wrist by a couple of people...

Personally, I don't think it was a blunder at all. Publishing such information in the newspaper or Outdoor Life would be, but I haven't seen any meat fishermen here. Many others of us have posted information about specific places where the fishing is good and no one complained.

I'm trying to imagine the worst case scenario. Maybe someone would be willing to pack in a freezer and a generator and fuel to power it. Yeah, then they could catch, fillet, and freeze hundreds of fish to take home. Maybe someone wouldn't want to pack a freezer, but instead brought a food dehydrator to preserve the fillets...yeah right.

How the heck is a party going to decimate the population in a small lake in a wilderness area? I guess if someone wanted to accomplish that they could spend their whole trip there and toss every fish they catch up on the shore to die. Who'd do that? If the fishing was as productive as you descibed, I'd guess the lake was overpopulated or destined to become so, and needed a little thinning anyway to prevent becoming choked with stunted fish.

If I were you, I'd apply a little DEET and ignore the mosquitoes.

...Tom

Posted by Tom Swulius on February 28, 2000 at 01:19

In reply to: Rockhead posted by DaveD on February 27, 2000 at 19:39
Responses to this Post:
Go to Forum Home