Re: Why do we prefer Quetico to BWCA?

Well honestly I started going about 13 years ago and we started in Quetico. I liked so much that I've not been to the BWCA other than just passing thru on a border lake. There was one trip that I took up thru Knife Lake and we were on border lakes for two days. Saw many people there going both ways. I think that alot of it is that mere fact that once you go into Quetico you will clearly see the differents as well as why once you make that first trip there, as to why we go back. Another thing that I've saw is the fact that the BWCA is kind of split into two sections. Where quetico is one large park. With this in mind you will see fewer people because many people don't go into the heart of the park. Many do but from what I've saw there are less people there in the heart of the park.
On the other hand I sure am glad the BWCA is there because it help to keep Quetico less popular. But don't let this stop you you should try it. Farther north is by far better for me.

Posted by Greg on October 29, 2000 at 12:17

In reply to: Why do we prefer Quetico to BWCA? posted by Randy on October 28, 2000 at 20:27
Responses to this Post: