Re: Weapons in the BWCAW

Grego,
I come to this site to relax, remind me of the place most precious to me, and learn and share ideas on how to get more enjoyment from Quetico. To set the record straight, I have never in my 16 or so trips to Quetico carried a firearm or felt the need.Like someone else posted, "it's too heavy" I should have never responded to the original post. I should know better than to take the bait. However, GREGO I feel as though you have backed me into a corner of which I will make a final post to fight my way from. First of many points to show you have a lot to learn is, in the sequence of which you make your statements.
It does not take 1000lbs of ballistic energy to kill a whitetail. And yes you're not an expert on handguns, and your "guessing" is wrong to comment that "it would take a "magic Glock to produce more than 300 ft lbs of energy" Furthermore, no one with half a brain would consider useing a hollowpoint round as YOU refer to, to try to take down a bear. The next point to make is that I dont think you realize,(have you been there?) that there are no Grizzly bears in Quetico or Boundary waters last I heard. As for your comment: "Maybe you should try to hunt with a bow or handgun to see how difficult it is". Well I do, and have. Actually, I only use a black powder handgun, and as far as bows goes, I make my own. Oh, and the arrows, and the points and the quivers well. I have been blessed with at least two deer per year for the past 19 years. Thats all my family needs. I hunt for the meat. However, I have a couple Pope and Young's in there as well. So, go start your armchair, internet, Chicago Illinois research to prove me wrong. I dont care. I wont make another post of anything that's not important. Such as ... Walleye, Smallies, campfood, campgear, or drink.
Spend more time fishin'
Ron

Posted by Ron on June 26, 2001 at 01:44
From IP address 152.163.204.194

In reply to: Re: Weapons in the BWCAW posted by Grego on June 25, 2001 at 21:46
Responses to this Post: