Re: Photography in the Q

Get up early and stay up late. The best shots are at sunrise and sunset. Afternoon light is mostly just flat and boring. Most groups sleep past good light especially kids and are busy playing at sunset so I've found this works good for me. If the evening is too busy, the morning is usually a good bet. Take a 35mm SLR manual everything is just fine for landscapes cause it'll wait for you to set your exposure and focus, unlike people who get jittery waiting for that. Manual 35mm SLR are cheap and easy to find used. A good polarizer $35-$50 and a warming filter 81A or 81B ($10) and you're all set. Now you need a Tripod any kind is better than none I personally like to take the K-Mart cheapie. It's lighter and less of a risk at $20 than others. Good information can be found at photo.net or http://www.kodak.com/US/en/nav/takingPics.shtml Just remember to expose for what you are looking at nyip.com has some info on using the ttl meter on your camera to get what you want. A little reading and a lot of practice and you'll amaze yourself how good of pics you'll be able to take. Good luck!!!

Posted by gh on August 20, 2001 at 22:31
From IP address 209.153.16.38

In reply to: Photography in the Q posted by KsCanoeist on August 20, 2001 at 10:13
Responses to this Post: