Re: The Old Man in the BWCA

Some times we would visit Dorothy, and sometimes Benny, and some times we would do some work for both. He cooked all summer (his summer) outside under a tarped over area with table, and etc. Mostly we just stopped by for a cup of coffee and to just shoot the bull for a while. Sometimes he was there , other times he was not, and sometimes, he was there but didn't want company so you wouldn't know he was there. I do recall my last visit with him. Me and partners stoped by and ended up splitting a great pile of fire wood beneath a blazing july afternoon sun. He was greatful. After several hours of sweating out all we had, we went down to the lake for a dip and much needed shade. We were resting up a bit before taking a cool plunge , when one of his daughters that was also visiting at the time appeared with an ice cold 6 pak of Bud, and said that Benny thought we could use these about now. I have drank a lot of beer over the years under many different occasions, but this is the one that I will remember. I don't know if I'll go to the good place or the hot one, but if the hot one, I'll have the eternal memmory of that ice cold beverage sliding down the gullet while standing on the dock on Ottertrack and think to myself..This one's for you Benny....It don't get any better than that!

Posted by Bent Pine on April 08, 2002 at 21:46
From IP address 208.170.238.51

In reply to: The Old Man in the BWCA posted by Katie on April 08, 2002 at 01:02
Responses to this Post: