Re: Thanks Jimbo

Clutch,

From Flanders Road, proceed south on the gravel road for 4.9 miles until you see the "Y" intersection with Road #7-3. Bear left & continue 5.2 miles to the unmarked intersection with Road #7-4. Turn left & drive 4.3 miles on a narrower gravel road past Dinner Lake (on your left) & a large gravel pit. Proceed until the road's end, keeping left as you approach the trail into Beaverhouse. Anyhow, those directions have gotten me there a few times now....

You might want to call the Park Office ahead of time to check: 1) the road condition into Beaverhouse (if you have a 4 wheel drive or truck, you're probably OK), and 2) Park office hours in Atikokan. I'd hate to arrive at the Atikokan office a few minutes late the day before. That would mean either a late start from Atikokan the next morning (waiting for Park Office to open) OR several extra miles crossing to the Beaverhouse station on your first day out.

I'm hoping to be right there in a couple weeks myself. With luck, I'll catch up with & meet Fred Bear & take him up on his "Phantom Jug" offer (see his earlier posting)....

A final thought... call for motel reservations in Atikokan ahead of time (if you're planning to stay there). Lots of highway & railroad work crews stop there & rooms can become scarce when this happens. I learned the hard way.

Jimbo

Posted by Jimbo on May 29, 2002 at 14:01
From IP address 24.245.25.149

In reply to: Thanks Jimbo posted by clutch on May 29, 2002 at 13:30
Responses to this Post: