(probably From Nols)
- 1/2 cup oatmeal (Quickoats)
- 1/4 cup Carnation low fat powdered milk
- 1/3 cup raisins 1/3 cup mixed nuts
(chopped walnuts & sliced almonds)
- a dash of shelled sunflower seeds (unsalted is best)
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
Mix ingredients thoroughly in a bowl and pour contents into a baggy. When ready to eat breakfast all you have to do is dump contents from the baggy into a pot and add 2 cups boiling water. Let contents sit for two minutes, then serve.
I also like to add dehydrated fruit like apples and peaches.
This is very filling and much tastier than instant Oatmeal packets.
This recipe serves about 2 people but I like to add about a 1/4 cup
of oats to make sure.