Big Boy Burritos
- 1 lb. Dried ground beef (rehydrated in camp)
- 1 lb. mexican style velveeta
- 1 can refried beans
- 1 pkg. tortilla's (work best if vacuum packed)
- 1 pkg. taco seasoning
- OPTIONAL INGREDIENTS
- 1-2 pkg.(s) of Spanish style rice
- 1 plastic bottle of salsa or individual packets of salsa
- 1 bottle of Franks Red Hot
Rehydrate ground beef for 30-40 minutes while preparing campsite/fire and reheat over skillet. Add taco seasoning to meat and let reheat all the way through.
Put velveeta and refried beans into one pot and make cheesy bean sauce.
Cook rice according to recipe and add to burrito or use as a side dish
Fill tortillas with meat and cheese mixture and chow down!
This is great for later in the trip when you want a really filling meal. It can also be done early on with fresh veggies.
To cut down on space, both the refried beans and the velveeta can
be vacuum packed. Velveeta is made with vegetable oil and won't go
bad, neither will the beans. If the meat is already cooked, this takes
no time at all, just make sure you stir the cheesy beans so they don't