Knife Lake Pete's Cornmeal Fish Fry
- 1.5 cups fine ground cornmeal
- 1 heaping tablespoon of paprika
- 1 level tablespoon of black pepper
- 1 level tablespoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 brick of Crisco shortening (butter flavored)
Mix the dry ingredients in a bag prior to going on trail. Fillet your fish and pat them semi-dry. Roll each fillet in the cornmeal mixture prior to frying.
Heat the brick of Crisco in the pan so it is nice and hot. Fry the coated fish
in the grease and enjoy!