Scalloped Potatoes 'n Ham
- ~14 grams Sanalac (powdered milk)
- 1 box Betty Crocker Scalloped Potatoes
- Canadian Bacon
- 2 Tbs. Butter
- 2-2/3 cup water
1. Add Sanalac to cold water and stir to dissolve
2. Add sauce mix, butter, and potatoes after water is hot
3. Bring to a boil then simmer stirring occasionally
4. After 15 minutes add bite-size chunks of Canadian Bacon
5. Simmer another 5 minutes stirring a lot to keep from burning. Its done when its not quite as thick as mom used to make. It will thicken more as it cools.
The earlier you add the bacon the saltier the potatoes will be.
Since Canadian Bacon keeps very well, this is a good meal for late
in the trip on a cold, rainy, fishless day.
Serves 2 (per box)